The term “good standing” shall be defined as any person who has fulfilled the requirements for membership in the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, who is not currently under disciplinary review or probationary status for disciplinary reasons, who has paid the necessary dues and conformed to the requirements as set forth in these bylaws.
- Of good character
- Who is a Veteran of a Foreign War, “combat”.
- The ONLY Acceptable proof form membership to the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association is a copy of one’s DD 214 or Official Military Personnel File or officer/enlisted record brief which must be surrendered to the NBOD for verification.
- Must own and operate a Motorcycle of 500cc or above.
- Should a Full Member resign they will be given a 5 day grace period to rescind their resignation with no repercussions. After the 5 day grace period a member will have to re-apply for membership as a new member and will require NBOD approval.
- Active members in good standing with the CVMA who become infirm, disabled or otherwise unable to ride their motorcycles will be able to keep their patch and be retired as members in good standing with the CVMA. Members must submit medical documentation and a minimum of one year as a member and/or NBOD approval is required.
- Member will be assigned to a chapter upon application approval. Member’s initial assignment of a chapter will be in the State of physical residence, and closest chapter. Once membership is approved, he or she can request in writing for a change of Chapter to the gaining and losing State Representative. Chapter affiliation to any Chapter of his or her choosing may be requested, to include a chapter in another state if that chapter is closer than the existing chapter and the losing and gaining states share a border. If the distance is shorter, the request will be approved. The member will only have all rights as a Full Member in the State that they claim membership in.
- Must be of good character
- All Auxiliary members must be a spouse, widow or widower of a member who is in good standing with the CVMA. An Auxiliary widow or widower cannot sponsor an additional Auxiliary member
- Must support the efforts of ALL branches of the United States of America’s Armed Forces and the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association.
- Will have not vote in CVMA business.
- Cannot hold a position on the NBOD
- Must be of good character.
- Must own and operate a motorcycle of 500cc or greater.
- Maximum number of support members will not exceed 10% of total CVMA full Combat membership
- Support members must be a veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- Support members will read and abide by all CVMA by-laws applicable to them. Sections excluded:
- Article 5: Elections
- Article 6: Duties of Officers
- Support members are required to submit their application with proof of military service through a full member of the CVMA who has held a membership for not less than one year. Support members are required to have either ridden a minimum of 3,000 miles with their sponsor, attended three CVMA events or be known by their sponsor for a minimum of 6 months. A full member submitting an application for a support member should verify they meet the above criteria. Only 1 support member can be vouched on per year by an individual CVMA member. Support members will be at a 1 to 10 ratio, 1 support member to 10 full members based on state.
- Will have no vote in National CVMA business but my vote in Chapter CVMA business if it is addressed in the Chapter Bylaws.
- Cannot hold a position on the NBOD.
- Support members in good standing can wear a small CVMA Support Patch on the front of their vest or jacket which will be supplied by their sponsor. Support members can also wear the 10 inch support back patch which will be supplied by their sponsor.